Who are PCI Certified Parent Coaches®?
You are going to be amazed at what a PCI Parent Coach can do for you and your family!
PCI Certified Parent Coaches® are caring, thoughtful family support professionals who have successfully completed the Parent Coach Certification® Training Program—a comprehensive academic one-year, graduate-level program
What Does a PCI Coach Do?
A PCI Certified Parent Coach® is a highly trained, caring professional with an in-depth background of education and experiences who:
- listens deeply and non-judgmentally,
- asks you questions you may not have been thinking about,
- gives you new, relevant information for your particular parenting challenge, and
- offers you specific suggestions to help you implement new attitudes and strategies in your life for yourself and for your children.
Through a series of coaching conversations that can be either by telephone or in person, PCI Parent Coaches help you re-discover your dreams for yourself and your children, while helping you design action steps to attain them.
You gather new appreciation for your parenting strengths and learn how to tap into them more effectively.
You learn fresh approaches and insightful strategies—all crafted carefully by you and your coach to be specific and personalized for your unique situation.
What Can You Expect?
A highly skilled and caring coach at The Parent Coaching Institute works with you for three or more months through an hour visit or phone call, weekly or bi-weekly, scheduled at your convenience. PCI Parent Coaches work in the evening, so you can talk when the children are down; or during your lunch hour when you may be able to get a phone call in at work; or anytime throughout the day when you may be able to squeeze in one hour for uninterrupted, adult conversation! One parent may take advantage of parent coaching or couples can participate together.
During your coaching conversations with a PCI Certified Parent Coach® you can expect lots of understanding, compassion, and support. You can expect questions that may surprise or challenge you. You can expect to receive practical resources and relevant facts to re-define "problems," along with spontaneous ideas which often bring smooth "solutions." You can expect to laugh more; be easier on yourself and your children. You can expect that your partnership with a PCI Parent Coach will create a lot of positive synergy and with that comes more abundant creativity, fun, and deeper satisfaction. You can expect lots of positive changes…even deep transformation for the entire family!
What are the Reasons for Parent Coaching?
We all go through some type of challenge while raising kids. That's a given! But parenting issues are varied. So the reasons moms and dads seek out PCI parent coaching are also varied. PCI Coaches provide relevant information and ongoing support for a broad spectrum of situations including:
- Acting as your sounding board and resource person for decisions that will greatly affect you and your child, such as: Should I work part-time; full time? What preschool or school is best for my child? How can I set firmer boundaries with my teen and stick with them? How do I give each of my children their share of me when there is only one of me?
- Supporting you in your efforts and goals to take better care of yourself.
- Reminding you to celebrate your successes and facilitating your transitions as you move into a new role as your child matures.
- Helping moms and dads stay loving parents through a divorce; helping single parents thrive in chaotic times.
- Making your life easier by providing practical ideas and tips based on the latest research such as how best to give homework help; how to motivate your child more effectively; how to ask questions and use language that is developmentally appropriate for your child.
- Helping you figure out the school system so you can be a more effective advocate for your child.
- Assessing you and your spouse's parenting styles and showing you how to leverage the strengths of each of your styles to deal more effectively with your current parenting challenge.
- Providing specific principles and research-based effective methods for controlling and managing TV, video, video games, and media's influences.
- Addressing sibling rivalry, discipline challenges, and peer-related issues so you get more breathing room.
- Helping overwhelmed new parents with all the changes a baby brings; supporting adoptive parents through the process; easing challenges for stepparents.
- Assisting you with living your parenting priorities when time seems to be speeding up—from helping you find ways to get down on the floor and play with your toddler to supporting your efforts to stay connected with your college-age child—and everything in between!
To Get Started with Your PCI Parent Coach…
To learn more, please call (425) 449-8877 or (888) 559-4447 or write email@example.com